Last Updated on December 2, 2022 by acechapman
Are you too tall to sit comfortably on the toilet seat? Do your joint pains make it difficult to use the toilet comfortably and rest your feet flat on the ground? Are you facing difficulty in choosing the best chair-height toilet? Below is the best chair height toilet review. Continue reading.
Well, all your answers are here! Indeed, a comfortable toilet height is tough to find in the market. There are many factors that you have to consider while picking up the best seat with a bowl. Over the course of the last few years, we’ve tested and rated a ton of different toilets. We know how challenging it can be.
The height of a person, physical needs, and manner of passing on and off the toilet should not face interruptions of seat height. Higher sitting toilets help in easily sitting down and standing up.
Besides, you can comfortably allow your feet to rest flat on the floor while sitting. The hunt for the best chair-height toilet – ADA-approved – is not that easy. So, this guide will help you make a good choice for adding something unique to the bathroom.
The general guidelines for selecting a suitable piece begin now!
Top Comfort Height Toilet Reviews
1 – American Standard Cadet 3 Comfort Height Round Front Toilet
American Standard Cadet 3 brings an excellent toilet seat that has a high-performance rate of flushing. Being accustomed to chair-level seating, it is well-furnished with a bowl and tank. It has a 3-inch flush valve that is chemically resistant. Thus, allowing more amount of water to rush into the bowl.
This function cleans the inside surface quickly removing all the dirt deposits. The inside and outside of the bowl and tank are surfaced with the EverClean technology. It controls the growth of stains, bacteria, and mildew on the surface.
The American disabilities act specifies that the ideal height ranges between 17 and 19 inches to stay comfortable for the elderly or disabled. Similarly, this model measures 17.5 inches from seat to floor, being of great help to tall and older people. This height is more than the standard height, which measures around 15 inches.
A pressurized rim is attached to wash the bowl with great pressure. Every flush in this toilet utilizes just 1.28 gallons of water, which is 20% less than standard toilets.
This is an eco-friendly flush system that comes with a water-efficient system. It has a fully glazed, 2-1/8-inch siphon trapway that helps to prevent the clogging of solid waste in the pipe. American Standard Cadet 3 shows better performance than a 2-inch trapway model.
However, due to its height, it becomes an uneasy model for children and short-height people. They cannot sit on it comfortably. Also, the plumbers face a bit of difficulty in their installation.
2 – American Standard Cadet 3 Comfort Height Elongated Front Toilet
This two-piece toilet has an elongated seat design and is full of curves. It means that the bowl and outer surface are designed with the special EverClean surface, making the toilet easy to clean. Being equipped with a 3-inch flush valve, allows water to enter the bowl at an almost 80% faster pace.
This keeps the cleaning technology highly efficient and better than the standard 2-inch flush valves. The EverClean technology restricts the growth of stains and does not even permit odor-causing bacteria and mildew to grow on the surface.
This elegant design has a fully glazed, 2-1/8-inch siphon trapway that prevents choking. The jet at the base of the bowl pushes the solid waste back into the drain with high pressure. It is certified with the WaterSense technology that saves water by pushing just 1.28 gallons per flush to clean the waste.
The American Standard elongated front toilet comes with a five-year warranty at an affordable price. Thus, making it a unique addition to your bathroom.
Choosing a set of a toilet as per the height measurements is a difficult task. But, this sophisticated bathroom accessory features a 17.5-inch height from the floor to the seat. People even of height 5 feet and 11 inches or more can take a comfortable seat on this model without leading to any joint pains.
Although this system sits a bit too far from the wall, it’s a reasonable price. Additionally, the top-mount slow-close seat makes it an ideal buy for the home.
3 – TOTO Drake Comfort Height Elongated Toilet
High performance and reasonable prices are the key features to be considered when buying a toilet seat. The Tote Drake Comfort Height is made with a comfortable and elegant design to surge the beauty of your bathroom.
Elongated bowls of these two-piece toilets are combined with SanaGloss technology that makes the inside of the bowl super soft. It gives a clear reflection of everything like a mirror. This toilet has an ion barrier glazing inside the bowl that keeps the inner surface clean.
The two-piece model has a wide 3-inch flush valve that works 125% better than a 2-inch valve. Its flushing system is powerful. This toilet is also it is quiet and efficient enough to clean the bowl in a single flush.
The flushing technology creates a forceful centrifugal action so as to clean the rim and bowl effectively. This toilet uses 1.6 gallons per flush. It’s more than the flush rate of standard models.
The innovative style of seating measures 16 inches from floor to seat and is reliable for people of all age groups. It’s due to its ergonomic design and molded bumpers for reducing injury. While installing it, you must check the instructions to know the setting of the valves better.
This helps in filling up the tank to its maximum level for getting a strong flush. However, it creates noise while re-filling the tank once it gets emptied. There is a need to clean it regularly with vinegar and scrub. The stains, dirt, and solid particles persist inside the bowl even after pushing the flush button.
4 – KOHLER Kelston Comfort Height Toilet with AquaPiston Technology
KOHLER brings this two-piece toilet with unique features and desired specifications. The Kohler Kelston model is engineered with an elongated bowl. It does not take up much space in the room but provides a high level of comfort while taking a seat on it.
The Comfort Height feature is the most special one as it provides chair-height seating for easy sit-down and stand-up positions. Most adults and tall people make the best use of it and do not even suffer from joint pains.
It has both a vibrant design and high-powered flush performance, with an added blend of contemporary and traditional looks. This toilet features AquaPiston technology with a powerful flush engine. Additionally, it allows a smooth, consistent flow of water to the bowl for cleaning it effectively.
KOHLER stands out from the rest with its gravity flush mode and unique features. It produces a greater flushing effect than a standard system by consuming 1.6 gallons of water per flush.
This toilet system of KOHLER comes with a warranty of one year. Thus, making it easy for you to repair it during this slot. The toilet system is easy to install as plumbers can follow the instructions mentioned in the manual without facing any difficulty.
It comes in a combination of bowl and tank that are elegant in shape and remains shining brightly after the flush. However, this model does not include a seat and supply line that you would need to buy from the market. Overall, its affordable price makes it a perfect accessory for the bathroom.
Things To Know About Chair Height Toilets
In every bathroom, there is a need to install tall toilets for the elderly, disabled, handicapped, and tall people. Such models have a height of between 16 and 19 inches. This makes them taller than the standard ones with the 15-inch height measured from the floor to the top of the toilet seat.
A portion of the toilets is designed in order to meet the Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADA). These are the perfect toilet systems for users with disabilities and joint pains.
Some key features and functions of the chair-height toilets are as follows:
- ADA-recommended toilet heights fall in the range of 17-19-inch measurements from floor to seat.
- Chair height toilets refer to one that is almost 2 inches taller than the standard system.
- The additional height makes it an ideal toilet seat for elderly people with disabilities, pains, or mobility issues.
- Its elegant design, shape, and body transform the outlook of the commercial and residential bathroom into an ADA bathroom.
- People suffering from bad backaches, bad knees, joint pains, and arthritis make high use of tall toilets.
- Most tall toilets have better flushing technology that uses less amount of water.
- Its inner workings, technology, plumbing, and installation are similar to a regular toilet.
Tall and extra tall toilets are not easily found in the market. They are less common than traditional models. Convenient and comfortable toilets are generally made for those people who are 6 feet or taller.
In addition, no matter what model is chosen for the bathroom, proper cleaning and scrubbing of the bowl are a must at regular intervals of time. Maintain proper hygiene and sanitation so as to inhibit the growth of bacteria and germs on the surface.
Extra Tall Toilets Benefits
A tall toilet measures between 16 and 19-inch above the floor. This is almost an inch or two taller than the traditional or standard models. They are also known as chair-height toilets that are compliant with ADA guidelines.
The distance between the floor and the seat is equal to a chair’s height measurement from the floor. This feature makes it extremely easy for tall people, senior citizens, and the disabled to get on and off the seat. These are becoming highly popular among the population now who tend to add uniqueness to their regular bathrooms.
- In almost every house, there are people who are tall and find the standard designs of toilets a bit inconvenient
to sit on.
- People with taller stature require a “Comfort Height” AKA chair height. This model of toilet is a popular consideration as the height ranges from 17 to 19 inches of this piece.
- While defecating through this model, it becomes easy to stand up and sit down without facing any trouble of joint pains or backaches.
- Usually, tall people do not tend to bend down much for a seat. So, the chair-height toilet is the best to add to the bathroom furniture.
- Some toilets come with an elongated bowl to provide extra room and comfort to the doer. You can easily place this in a small bathroom. This has a seat at a comfortable level to easily pass on and off the seat.
- Senior citizens prefer tall toilets for various reasons. Some of them include high-performance and effective flushing systems. You must choose this for your house if old people are living with you.
- Such bathroom fixtures are perfect for the elderly as they relieve them from pains, backaches, and arthritis.
People With Disabilities
- For disabled people, the minimum height of the toilet should be between 17 and 19 inches from the floor to the seat. This measurement is similar to a normal chair in the house. Thus, making it easy for the user to use the toilet seat with greater comfort.
- If the member of the house uses a wheelchair, then use a lateral-sliding transfer. It enables the person to shift from the chair to the toilet seat easily.
- These toilet seats are best for the disabled considering the ADA guidelines.
- If you do not get the off-the-shelf or floor-mount toilet, you must get one wall-hung model.
- The handicapped-accessible toilet that has a measurement height of 17 to 19 inches follows the ADA guidelines.
- Children must use a toilet of a height of 11 to 17 inches. Adults or tall people prefer an increase of 2 inches in the height of the seat.
- Another requirement is of clear floor space of 48 inches between the walls and the toilet from either side.
- This model equips an automatic flush control system. And the toilet paper holder needs to be within reach of the user.
Modern, as well as advanced toilet systems with unique features, make your purchase of the best chair-height toilet easier.
So, make the right decision. Help your family members by adding this stylish yet essential accessory to the bathroom.
Comfort Height Toilets Comparison Chart
|American Standard Comfort Height Round Front||$$$||1.28 GPF||WaterSense||30.2 x 15.8 x 28.2 inches||Round||WHITE||Vitreous China|
|American Standard Comfort Height Elongated Front||$$$$||1.28 GPF||WaterSense||30.2 x 15.8 x 30.2 inches||Elongated||WHITE||Vitreous China|
|TOTO Drake Comfort Height||$$||1.6 GPF||Not Applicable||28 x 19.5 x 28.5 inches||Elongated||Glazed Cotton White||Vitreous China|
|KOHLER Comfort Height Toilet with AquaPiston Technology||$$||1.6 GPF||Not Applicable||28.8 x 17.6 x 30.8 inches||Oval||WHITE||Ceramic|
Tall toilets come with several benefits to tall and disabled people. But, other features are also important to check while buying one for your house. An alternate solution is adding a pedestal below the old model or raising the toilet seat. This will increase the height taken into consideration for helping tall people in the house.
However, the fact remains that replacing a toilet of short height with one of 16 to 19 inches in height is a great option. It helps to relieve a person from joint pains and discomfort. Hope this review on the best chair-height toilets helps you choose the best model for your bathroom!
Remember that we also have a lot of other articles and guides that help you make the perfect decision.
Pick A Toilet may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.